St. Edmund's Church and Community Centre, 1985

St. Edmund's is a Catholic church in the diocese of Westminster, located in Westferry Road in Millwall. It was first built in 1875 and came into being through the efforts of Father Biemans, who was described as "an energetic, zealous and self-denyingpriest". He was one of a number of Dutch and Flemish priests who worked in the East End in the late 19th century. The original building deteriorated over time and was eventually demolished in 1995. A new building was completed in 1999 and consecrated in 2000. The church is associated with both a primary school and a community centre


35 234 08A title1

Community and youth employment centre


35 234 08A title2

Youth club and mother and toddler group


23 Mike Seaborne 2013