Cyclo Motors, 1984

Cyclo Motors was a service station and garage situated on the corner of Manchester Road and Ferry Street. Founded in 1956 by the owner John Pittman, it started as a cycle shop which was demolished and rebuilt as a garage in 1962. The company went into liquidation in 1985 having sold the site for redevelopment the previous year.

23 Mike Seaborne 2013